2018 Municipal Elections in Evere
News of the election campaign:
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
Chères Everoises, Chers Everois,
Thanks to your support, I became Municipal Councilor in 2012. It is with heart and energy that I have invested myself throughout this legislature. I hope I could convince you through my website.
I am listed as the 8th candidate on the Liste du Bourgmestre Rudi Vervoort, as an independent, in view of the communal elections of October 14, 2018.
The key challenge for Evere during the 2018-2024 legislature is the mastery of demographic change. Evere has just exceeded 40,000 inhabitants and should exceed 50,000 inhabitants by 2025. In this context of rapid evolution, it is necessary to ensure a harmonious development of our municipality. Evere remains a big village in Brussels and we must do our utmost to make it the pleasant town we all know.
In this context, here is, in a synthetic way, the points that I intend to defend in particular:
- New crèches and schools to cope with the demographic boom. Housing too.
- To support our neighborhood merchants and the associations which make live and animate our commune.
- Improve the conviviality of our neighborhoods: cleanliness, security, beautification, links between neighbors of all ages.
- Modernize mobility to take into account new modes of transport (bicycles, scooters, gyros, etc.) and people with reduced mobility.
- Put our young people right on track in life: education, sport, culture and citizenship.
- Helping our seniors to maintain their independence and an active and fulfilling social life.
Support of the alderman Jeanine Joannès-Wouters
Here are 5 of my priorities for Evere
My presence on the Liste du Bourgmestre at Evere